Voltree Power leverages its patented bioenergy harvester as well as other energy harvesting technologies to provide practical, cost-effective and innovative sensing solutions for environmental and natural resource preservation.
Voltree is focused on developing integrated systems that provide highly automated, cost-effective, low-maintenance solutions to real-world sensing and telemetry problems. Our immediate focus is low-power wireless sensing networks and automation systems that are designed with cost-effectiveness and ease of use in mind, while still being versatile and customizable.
In support of our integrated systems focus, Voltree Power has developed products such as our Javelin family of sensor devices, which enables the use of mesh and autonomous cloud-based sensor networks in hard-to-reach places. Our patented bioenergy harvesting module not only converts the metabolic energy of plants to useable electricity but may also provide unique sensing applications.
Key features and benefits of this technology include:
- Enables the use of mesh and autonomous cloud-based sensor technology where it would otherwise be difficult to install power devices or to reach sensor devices for maintenance.
- Compliant with federal standards and international platforms.
- Real-time information and integration with various wireless platforms provides flexibility and adaptability to numerous sensing applications.
- Adds functionality and extends the usefulness of existing systems, simplifies user communication and system diagnostics, and represents a new generation of highly automated, resilient, maintenance-free networks.
- Eliminates the cost of (hundreds) of thousands of batteries, labor costs associated with battery replacement/maintenance, and environmental and labor costs of responsible battery disposition/recycling.
- Does not depend on wind, light, heat gradients, or mechanical movement.
- Weather-resistant and completely quiet.
- Absence of any heat or noise signatures, making it ideal for various security-sensitive sensing applications.
- Environmentally benign to produce and operate.
- Parasitically harvests metabolic energy from any large plant without harming it.
- Useful lifetime of the device is only limited by the lifetime of the host.